Here is the collection of sympathy quotes and sayings. Sympathy is a strong feeling. It is the feeling of sorrow and compassion for someone who is experiencing misfortune, accompanied by a strong wish to do something to relieve that person’s pain.
There are many reasons why people might feel sympathy for others. Sometimes, we might have experienced something similar to what the other person is going through.
We can understand what they are feeling and we want to help them because we know how it feels. Other times, we might see someone who is struggling and we want to do whatever we can to make them feel better.
We might feel bad for them because they are in a difficult situation and we want to help them out. Whatever the reason, sympathy is a powerful emotion that can cause us to take action and help others.
That’s why it’s important to have the right words to comfort someone. Here are a few sympathy quotes for the Loved ones you’ve lost.
When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know. – Unknown
Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow. – Renee O’neill
There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. – Mahatma Gandhi
Sympathy is two hearts tugging at one load. – Charles Henry Parkhurst
What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. – Terri Guillemets
The world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming. – Helen Keller
Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
Remember how strong we are in our happiness and how weak he is in his misery! – Charles Dickens
Saying goodbye to someone we love is heartbreaking. May you find comfort in all the special memories shared with “name of deceased”.
You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to really feel the loss. – Mandy Hale
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Unknown
Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. – Marcel Proust
Once upon a memory someone wiped away a tear, held me close and loved me, Thank you, dear. – Unknown
Best Sympathy Quotes
For some moments in life there are no words. – David Seltzer
Tears are the silent language of grief. – Voltaire
The Remembrance of the good done those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them. – Demoustier
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. – Unknown
Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure. – Renee Wood
He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God! – Fyodor Dostoyevsk
Do not think of me as gone. I am with you still in each new dawn. – Native American Poem
All sympathy not consistent with acknowledged virtue is but disguised selfishness. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. – Robert Louis Stevenson
While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. – John Taylor
A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. – Maya Angelou
To desire and expect nothing for oneself and to have profound sympathy for others is genuine holiness. – Ivan Turgenev
What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air. – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
Developing our sympathetic compassion is not only possible but the only reason for us to be here on earth. – George Saunders
Short Sympathy Quotes
May the love of God heal you as the burden in your heart abounds. – Unknown
I hope you feel surrounded by much love.
However long the night, the dawn will break.
Grief is the price we pay for love.
You and your family are in our prayers. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Words can’t express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.
We pray the love for the lost is forever carried in your memory.
Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.
We are here for you and your family, now and forever.
May the memory of (name) bring you comfort and peace.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Wishing you peace and strength during this difficult time.
We should feel sorrow, but not sink under its oppression. – Confucius
Any mind that is capable of real sorrow is capable of good. – Hariet Beecher Stowe
Famous Sympathy Quotes And Sayings
Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. – Unknown
Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow. – Rita Schiano
Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell. – Joni Mitchell
Our joys will be greater, our love will be deeper, our life will be fuller because we shared your moment. – Unknown
Pain is certain, suffering is optional. – Buddha
It is much more easy to have sympathy with suffering than it is to have sympathy with thought. – Oscar Wilde
And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own funeral drest in his shroud. – Walt Whitman
May loving memories ease your loss and bring you comfort.
Grant but memory to us and we lose nothing by death. – Whittier
To sympathize with the suffering of others forges understanding, but that doesn’t mean they’ll put up with you. – Benson Bruno
The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer
Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow. – Dirk Benedict
As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us, as long as I can, I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us. – Unknown
Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. – George S. Patton
Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. – Kahlil Gibran
Sympathy Quotes For Loss
When I am lonely, I think of you and all that you brought to my life. Your memory rests gently on my soul. – Cindy Adkins
To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. – Thomas Campbell
Those who weep recover more quickly than those who smile. – Jean Giraudoux
There is something very morbid about modern sympathy with pain. – Oscar Wilde
Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. – Unknown
Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. – Hebrews
Be kind, be all sympathy, for each and every human being is forced to fight against himself. – Sri Chinmoy
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. – Matthew
Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts. – Dorothy Ferguson
If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great girl. God rest her soul in peace!
Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Deep Sympathy Quotes
Learn to see the gift in the adversity. By doing this you will begin to find true peace in your struggle. – Stacey Urrutia
For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. – Psalms
May you take comfort in knowing there is one more angel above us. -Unknown
A human life is a story told by God. – Hans Christian Anderson
Our trials, our sorrows, and our grieves develop us. – Orison Swett Marden
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. – Khalil Gibran
Darkness may hide the trees and the flowers from the eyes but it cannot hide love from the soul. – Rumi
The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace she’s finally found. – Unknown
A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother. – Homer
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. – Isaiah
That though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind. – William Wordswrth
Sympathy Message And Condolence Quotes
When someone we know experiences a loss, it is natural to want to reach out and offer our support. A sympathy message can be a great way to express your condolences and let the grieving person know that you are thinking of them. If you are looking for some inspiration, here are a few sympathy quotes that might help you put your thoughts into words.
- Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us. – Meister Eckhart
- If there was less sympathy in the world, there would be less trouble in the world. – Oscar Wilde
- The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives. – Norman Cousins
- I am truly sorry for your loss. Your uncle will be missed and he will never be forgotten, may his soul rest in peace.
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
- If we wait until our lives are free from sorrow or difficulty, then we wait forever. And miss the entire point. – Dirk Benedict
- Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color. – W.S. Merwin
- No person is ever truly alone. Those who live no more, whom we loved, Echo still within our thoughts, our words, our hearts. – Richard Fife
- There are no words. While you have joy knowing where your love is in a better place, there is sadness in the loss and grief. You are in our prayers. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all. – Laura Ingles Wilder
Sympathy Quotes For Loss
When someone we love dies, it feels like a part of us has died too. It’s natural to feel overwhelmed with sadness and grief. Even if the person we loved wasn’t close to us, their death can still cause a great deal of pain. During this difficult time, it can be helpful to read or listen to sympathy quotes for loss. These quotes offer comfort and support and can help us to feel less alone.
Quotes about loss can remind us that we are not the only ones who are feeling sad and grieving. They can also provide hope that the pain will eventually lessen. Sympathy quotes can be a great source of comfort during a difficult time.
- Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. – Eskimo Proverb
- You don’t get over it, you just get through it. You don’t get by it, because you can’t get around it. It doesn’t ‘get better; it just gets different. Everyday grief puts on a new face. – Wendy Feireisen
- Keeping you close in heart and prayer for the loss of your beloved “name of deceased”.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of the “name of deceased”. My heart is with you.
- May He who knows your sorrow bring peace, comfort, and healing to your soul.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort.
- I pray that in the midst of your sorrow you find comfort in all the joyful memories shared.
- With love and remembrance.
- Someone as special as the “name of the deceased” will never be forgotten. He/she will remain in our hearts forever.
- May there be comfort in knowing that someone so special will never be forgotten.
- We will always cherish the beautiful memories of the “name of the deceased”.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
- “Name of Deceased” will always be within your heart and the many others that loved him/her and as close as a beautiful memory.
In conclusion, don’t be afraid to express your deepest sympathies through words and deeds. This can be a way to show someone you care when they may not be ready to hear it from the voices around them.
There are many ways to show your sympathy when you don’t have the words use these sympathy quotes. You don’t have to say much in order for someone to know how much your care about them.